Monday 2 December 2013

Olympic diving star Tom Daley reveals relationship with man

Olympic diver Tom Daley has revealed he is in a relationship with a man.

In a YouTube broadcast, the 19-year-old London 2012 bronze medallist said: "In spring this year my life changed massively when I met someone, and they make me feel so happy, so safe and everything just feels great.

"That someone is a guy."

Edward Lord, chairman of the Amateur Swimming Association, said: "To be one of the first British Olympic athletes to come out is very brave."

'Very proud'

Daley, from Plymouth in Devon, said: "It did take me by surprise a little bit. It was always in the back of my head that something like that could happen.

"But it wasn't until spring this year that something just clicked. It felt right and I thought 'Okay'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers